Environmental managementResource-friendly business ecology and responsible procurement
Within our Group-wide initiatives, we focus on reducing greenhouse gas emissions, water and paper consumption as well as waste to minimise our ecological footprint. These initiatives include:
- Using shuttle buses between the locations Eschborn and Luxembourg to cut down on individual trips
- Offering job tickets for local public transport to staff in Frankfurt/Eschborn
- More frequent use of video conferences instead of business travel to reduce emissions
- Using double-sided printing as the default printer setting
- Reducing of the number of printed publications
- Sending letters and parcels at the Frankfurt/Eschborn site and parcels at the Luxembourg site via the “Go Green” initiative of Deutsche Post and DHL
- Purchasing sustainably generated hydroelectricity to run Group-wide servers at the EQUINIX data centre in Frankfurt/Bergen-Enkheim
Moreover, wherever possible, Deutsche Börse Group buys exclusively environmentally compatible products. These include FSC paper with high thickness at low grammage, recycled toners as well as other office supplies and small appliances that carry the “Blue Angel” or “Energy Star” seal.
At the same time, we continue to work on optimising the collection of Group-wide environmental data in order to increase transparency in our reporting and to uncover further cost-saving opportunities.
Deutsche Börse Group consumption of resources since 2014
|Greenhouse gas emissions – total1)||10,766 t||-23.1%||13,997 t||+6%||13,200 t|
|Greenhouse gas emissions – travel-based2)||6,134 t||-16%||7,304 t||+2.7%||7,111 t|
|Water consumption3)||79,276 cbm||-2.8%||81,599 cbm||+16.5%||70,049 cbm|
|Paper consumption4)||105 t||-22.2%||135 t||+28.6%||105 t|
|Energy consumption||66,325 MW||-5.3%||70,048 MW||+0.2%||69,901 MW|
1) The strong reduction of emissions shown is due to a one-time, unscheduled energy supply change in Eschborn.
2) The strong reduction of travel-based emissions is due to the usual business-related fluctuations regarding the need for business travel.
3) Comprises exclusively the amount of water purchased from municipal suppliers.
4) Comprises exclusively office supplies.